General Care for Fresh Flowers
Here are some tips for caring for cut flowers:
- Use a clean vase and fill it with fresh, cool water.
- Add a floral preservative to the water, if available. This can help keep the flowers fresh and hydrated for longer.
- Cut the stems of the flowers at an angle, using a sharp knife or scissors. This will help the flowers absorb more water.
- Remove any leaves that will be below the water line, as these can rot and cause bacteria to grow in the water.
- Place the flowers in a location with bright, indirect light and away from direct sunlight, heat sources, and drafts.
- Check the water level daily and add more as needed. Empty and refill the vase with fresh water every few days to keep the flowers fresh.
- Re-cut the stems and change the water every few days to keep the flowers looking fresh.
With proper care, cut flowers can last for several days or even weeks. Enjoy your flowers!