Tulips, the sign of Spring arrival
Tulips are the sign of spring arrival. The utmost staple of flowers for spring is the tulip. These blooms come in a variety of colors and for most part the color mean something to everyone. For example the color red symbolizes Love and romance and the color purple could represent loyalty. Did you do something wrong, get the white tulips, they mean “I’m sorry”.
Here are some facts on tulips that we thought you would enjoy.
- Tulips were once the most expensive flower…
- The Parkinson’s Disease Foundation uses a tulip as its symbol.
- Tulips are native to central Asia but didn’t really become popular until reaching the Netherlands.
- You can find tulips in almost any color.
- Tulips only bloom for 3-7 days in the spring.
- Tulips are part of the lily family.
- Their flower buds are known for being almost perfectly symmetrical.
- There are over 150 species of tulips with over 3,000 different varieties.
- Tulip petals are edible and can be used in place of onions in many recipes but we do not recommend you try this.
- The Netherlands is the world’s largest commercial producer of tulips, with around three billion exported each year.
So give us a call or stop by to check out the weekly tulip selection. we promise you will love these spring blooms.